City of Rittman
Water Transmission Main Replacement
Request for Qualifications
Response Due Date: Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:00pm
The City invites qualified professional design firms to submit qualifications to undertake the Water Transmission Main Replacement project. Qualification packages are due no later than 1:00pm on Friday, May 7, 2021.
This project involves:
- Replacing approximately 15,500 linear feet of existing sixteen-inch waterline with new ductile iron main, associated fittings, valving, air release, and hydrants along Sterling Road and Rittman Avenue from the City’s Water Treatment Plant located in Sterling to the City’s booster station located adjacent to Rittman Cemetery. All facility and waterway crossings will include encasement provisions, as necessary.
All construction activities shall be confined to areas within the designated right-of-way. The desire is to use a combination of local and State financing to fund the project.
The City will select a professional design firm based on the Statements of Qualification as determined at the City’s discretion in accordance with the procedures of Rittman Codified Ordinances. Services will involve the water transmission and distribution system, trench and roadway repair, and traffic maintenance design and other related items including surveying, utility locating, geotechnical explorations, environmental evaluations, preparing detailed construction plans and specifications, and providing bidding, construction, and closeout support services. The City anticipates authorizing the selected Professional Design Firm to proceed by late May 2021. Estimated Total Project Budget: $4,230,000, including design and construction. Required Qualifications: Firm or teams must have prior experience with water distribution and transmission system, traffic control, and roadway design of similar scale, noted herein.
Final deliverables will be discussed during the Scope of Services negotiations with the selected firm. Existing studies will be provided once a consultant has been selected. The selected firm must develop and adhere to a design schedule with the construction drawings, specifications, permits, and Engineer’s Estimate being complete by November of 2021 to allow time for staff to bid in Winter-2021 for work to begin mid-to-late in the 2022 construction season.
Please include with the qualification packet:
- Experience of firm and personnel assigned to this project that will uniquely qualify your firm to complete this work, including resumes and locations of key project team members (max. 8 pages), including the following:
- Description of the firm’s overall understanding of the project and recommended scope of services to accomplish the stated goals. (max. 2 pages)
- A project management schedule showing all milestones and completion dates based on “Schedule of Activities” (max. 2 pages)
- Project staffing plan (max. 1 page)
- References (max. 1 page)
The City of Rittman will form a Selection Committee comprised of city staff to review Qualifications. The Selection Committee will evaluate and select the most qualified consultant. Competitive price selection will not be utilized under the selection process.
The following criteria will be used in the consultant selection process:
- Strength of project manager and experience of key team members and proposed subcontracted firms’ key personnel.
- Past performance and experience with projects of similar scope and size.
- Project schedule.
- Location of key staff.
Based on the qualifications submitted, the City of Rittman may conduct interviews of firms that best demonstrate an understanding of the City’s objectives and that adequately addressed all elements of the RFQ. Whether interviews are performed or not, the City shall enter into contract negotiations with the preferred firm to determine the final scope of services and project budget. If negotiations fail, the City shall enter into negotiations with the second highest ranked firm. This process shall continue until a contract is successfully negotiated or the City determines to issue a second RFQ. The contract must be approved by Rittman City Council.
All qualifications shall be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran/reserve/national guard, or any other similarly protected status.
One original qualification packet and one electronic copy on CD or via email in PDF or MS-Word format shall be submitted by Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:00 pm to:
30 North Main Street
Rittman, Ohio 44270
If under 10MB, the requested electronic copy can be emailed to Bobbie Beshara (firstname.lastname@example.org). Call (330) 925-2045 with questions.